North Roosevelt

The strength of the body is a good thing, the power of a mind is even better.

Week of 11/6/17

Learning Plan: 11/6/17

Math: I can demonstrate my understanding of exponents and multiplying and dividing decimals.

Focus Task #1: Solve– (Place in descending order.)  .871, 8. ,  . 87, 8.17 , .008, .081, .8

Focus Task #2: Complete all elements of the Academic Race: Questions 1-5.

Focus Task #3: Complete your rounding document: if applicable.

Focus Task #4: Complete your Solar System Weight: This math will include an overview of your thoughts regarding this task and its overall value.

Writing: I can produce a quality piece of writing that incorporates the elements of a quality composition.

Focus Task: Compose your introductory letter to France. ( 🇫🇷 This is the last week to submit a introductory letter to France.)

(Tatianna: Finish your goal writing.)

Science: I can dissect text to make determinations about the importance of studying hurricanes.

Focus Task: What are knots and how can I utilize this concept to understand hurricane speed ? 

Make certain that you have developed quality interactive notebook pages that support these questions.

Social Studies: I can understand differing perspectives that led to the debate between the colonists and Parliament.

Focus Task: Complete your Preamble, Grievances… document.

Homework:

As per my discussion with your Governor, it has been decided that portfolio artifacts are to be completed at home and brought in for review. It is the expectation that artifacts will be completed by Wednesday of each week. ( You are always welcome to submit more than one artifact per week.)

In addition, to your portfolio artifact, I will ask you to utilize your thirty minutes of reading each night to dissect the “Amazing Brain” text. Reading this text will allow for greater connections with your Understanding Map and Thinking Routines. 

Next Post

Previous Post

3 Comments

1. Lily Castro November 13, 2017

Dear North Roosevelt,
    As a member of this state, I believe that we have done a good job keeping this state together with the economy, posting on the blog and getting our artifacts done. We have also shown great effort in almost everything we have done so far. I hope we keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
    Lily Castro

2. Azlynn Long November 13, 2017

Dear Tatianna,

I would agree with you completely. I believe it has something to do with the Declaration of Independence because it looks like Thomas Jefferson is in the picture with Benjamin Franklin, and he is the person who wrote this document. Thomas Jefferson is our 3rd President. Also, in your writing you wrote a lowercase D. I believe that the D should be uppercased because it is the name of something.

Sincerely,
    Azlynn Long

3. Tatianna Benjamin November 12, 2017

Dear North Roosevelt,

I would point out that there is a picture of three men and it looks like they are signing documents and I am thinking that this picture must have been dealing with the declaration of Independence and the American Revolution . Through out the week I will be going further in to this concept.I would also like to hear your thoughts about this concept.

Sincerely,
    Tatianna Benjamin