North Roosevelt

The strength of the body is a good thing, the power of a mind is even better.

Week of 10/30/17

Learning Plan: 10/30/17

Math: I can demonstrate my understanding of exponents and multiplying and dividing decimals.

Focus Task #1: Solve– (Place in descending order.)  .871, 8. ,  . 87, 8.17 , .008, .081, .8

Focus Task #2: Complete all elements of the Academic Race: Questions 1-5.

Focus Task #3: Complete your rounding document: if applicable.

Focus Task #4: Complete your Solar System Weight: This math will include an overview of your thoughts regarding this task and its overall value.

Writing: I can produce a quality piece of writing that incorporates the elements of a quality composition.

Focus Task: Compose your introductory letter to France. ( 🇫🇷 This is the last week to submit a introductory letter to France.)

(Tatianna: Finish your goal writing.)

Science: I can dissect text to make determinations about the importance of studying hurricanes.

Focus Task: What are knots and how can I utilize this concept to understand hurricane speed ? 

Make certain that you have developed quality interactive notebook pages that support these questions.

Social Studies: I can understand differing perspectives that led to the debate between the colonists and Parliament.

Focus Task: Complete your Preamble, Grievances… document.

Homework:

As per my discussion with your Governor, it has been decided that portfolio artifacts are to be completed at home and brought in for review. It is the expectation that artifacts will be completed by Wednesday of each week. ( You are always welcome to submit more than one artifact per week.)

In addition, to your portfolio artifact, I will ask you to utilize your thirty minutes of reading each night to dissect the “Amazing Brain” text. Reading this text will allow for greater connections with your Understanding Map and Thinking Routines. 

Next Post

Previous Post

5 Comments

1. Azlynn Long November 5, 2017

Dear Peers,
    The picture above our learning plan shows what looks to be a parade.Their is a sign that says “President Wilson Says” as the headline.His name was not Wilson.His name was Woodrow Wilson.He was our 28th president. He was in office from 1913-1921.Behind the sign that I just mention their was another sign.I could only see half the sign. I believe that the signs headline is
    ” President Wilson Says”.Like I said I believe that it is a parade. It looks like the people are expressing what they think of him as a president.
    Sincerely,

Azlynn Long

• bartonmiller November 6, 2017 — Post Author

Dear Azlynn,

What would the “parade” be focused on ? In what ways can this image be connected to the image of Theodore Roosevelt giving a speech on his porch ?

Sincerely,
      Mr. Miller

2. bartonmiller November 1, 2017 — Post Author

Tatianna,

Complete the final copy of your goal writing before engaging in the stated direction of learning for the day.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Miller

3. bartonmiller November 1, 2017 — Post Author

Dear Oysters,

You are required to begin your day bay addressing your understanding of apostrophes. If you are not required to engage in corrections, you are to staple the document into your writer’s journal. Once completed, your plan for the day will be to develop your understanding of metric conversion and converting knots to miles. After determining your preparedness for conversion, you will move into your Grievances, Preamble… development.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Miller

4. bartonmiller October 31, 2017 — Post Author

Oysters,

Address your conversion to metric measurements task that was started yesterday. When you feel you have a complete understanding of the metric conversion you will then convert knots to mph.

Once you have determined that you have enough evidence to support your understanding of math conversions, you will be asked to complete your Grievances, Preamble… interactive notebook page.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Miller